Vol. 5 Industry Insider Techniques DVD
No more sewing by trial and error! In Industry Insider Techniques, Vol. 5, DVD, the renowned sewing instructor Louise Cutting demonstrates couture tips and techniques that can help you advance from amateur to accomplished seamstress.
Sew clothes that look and fit like custom-made. Expand your sewing know-how and ramp up your skills with dressmaking lessons straight from industry workrooms. With this step-by-step guide from Louise Cutting, you, too, can learn how to:
- sew details with meticulous attention and finesse
- make smart pattern alterations that improve fit and drape
- avoid problems that detract from a well-made garment
Get in on fashion's undercover secrets. With sewing instruction from Louise Cutting, you'll develop an 'eye' for the often-invisible construction techniques that underpin couture designer garments. These insider tips will help you sew fashions that are expertly constructed from the inside out.
Topics covered in Industry Insider Techniques, Vol. 5, include:
Order your DVD today!
- Sewing starts and finishes
- Stitching darts and pin tucks
- Hem finishing a cut-out facing
- Making short sleeves long
- Clean finishing a curvy hem
- Changing a pocket grain line
- Adjusting a pants pattern
- Shortening the crotch
- Sewing waistline pleats
- Choosing interfacings
- Attaching cuffs
- Adding pleats
- Every video in this series will help you learn how to sew like a pro.
About the author
Louise Cutting is a contributing editor to Threads magazine, the designer for Cutting Line Designs patterns, including the innovative One-Seam Pants, and co-designer for Shapes Pattern Company. She is an internationally known speaker on sewing and design.
Please purchase this DVD from the Threads Magazine Taunton Store