Vol. 3 Industry Insider Techniques DVD
This instructional sewing video was developed to answer requests from Threads readers for a behind-the-scenes look at how professionals construct fine clothing worthy of designer labels.
Threads Magazine along with nationally recognized sewing expert Louise Cutting demonstrate the timeless techniques and attention to detail that define well-sewn clothing.
This informative video reveals clever designer tips and little-known industry techniques that range from sewing the narrow hem inspired by a top designer.
Now you can see how pros overcome the common problems the home sewer encounters, including how to sew:
- Chapter 1: Supplies
- Chapter 2: Get the Right Button Placement
- Chapter 3: Make a Hidden Button placket
- Chapter 4: How to remove a bust dart
- Chapter 5: Add a bust dart to a pattern
- Chapter 6: Swing Out the Side Seam
- Chapter 7: Add width at the hem but keep the shoulder width the same
- Chapter 8: Transpose a neckline from one pattern to another
- Chapter 9: Lowering a front jewel neckline and front facing
- Chapter 10: Lengthen the back neck facing
- Chapter 11: Four Deconstructed Edges
This video is your guide to mastering those all-important tailoring touches that will enhance every garment you sew.
Louise Cutting is an accomplished designer, sewing instructor, and creator of Cutting Line Designs Pattern Company.
Please purchase this DVD from the Threads Magazine Taunton Store